Student Attendance Policy
1. The School requires all students to be regular and punctual for their lessons. Students who do not meet the minimum required attendance standards set may affect their course of studies such as not eligible to sit for the examinations.
2. The minimum attendance requirements and leave application policy guidelines are as follows:
3. Lecturers will be taking attendance of the students via the attendance list and sign off on it each day.
4. Class attendance is to be taken at the start, after lunch break and at the end of each class. Students that enter the class within 15 minutes of the lesson time will be considered late, while students that arrive 15 minutes after the lesson time or leave 15 minutes before lesson’s ending time will be marked as absent.
5. Any students whose modular or overall attendance falls close to below the minimum attendance requirements in the Student Attendance Policy will receive warning letter from Operations Department.
6. Students with persistent low attendance will be called in for counselling as part of early intervention measures.
International Student on Student Pass:
|Attendance Rate (monthly)||Action to be Taken|
|90% – 94% (1st Offence)||Attendance Reminder Letter/Email|
|85% – 89% (2nd Offence)||Warning Letter and Counselling
* Include notification of ICA and Cancellation of Student Pass reminder for attendance <85%
|No improvement in attendance following Warning Letter||Final Expulsion Letter
* Include Cancellation of Student Pass
Non-Student Pass Holders:
|Attendance Rate (per module)||Action to be Taken|
|75% – 79% (1st Offence)||Attendance Reminder Letter/Email|
|70% – 74% (2nd Offence)||Warning Letter and Counselling|
|No improvement in attendance following Warning Letter||Final Expulsion Letter|
|Number of Times Late||Action to be Taken|
|Late for 3 times per module||Counselling|
|Late for more than 3 times per module||Warning Letter|